Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thoughts on "The Da Vinci Code"

The buzz surrounding the book and soon-to-be-release movie "The Da Vinci Code" is growing in Cherbeek Bay. All copies of the book have sold out in town, and many people are eagerly awaiting the film's arrival at our movie theater. We don't often get worked up over popular culture -- it's one of the pleasantries about living in a small town. However, I suppose the events of earlier this year have sparked more interest in religious themes. Whatever the reason, more and more people have asked me what I think of "The Da Vinci Code". I first read it a couple of years ago, so my memory of the story is a bit foggy. I remember it being an entertaining story, but there are a lot of religious conjectures the author made that don't agree with the facts. Nevertheless, I wouldn't dissuade anyone from reading it for fun -- just remember that it's a work of fiction, and not to take it all seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home